Aromë | Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil is from the tree’s fresh, sickle-shaped leaves steam-distilled into our Therapeutic Quality oils.
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globulus
- Origin: Australia
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Part Used: fresh leaves
- Note: Top
- Blends Well With: lavender, lemon, pine, rosemary, and thyme
The Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus) ranks among the tallest trees in the world. Also known as the Gum Tree or Stringy Bark, this evergreen giant has been known to reach over 300 feet in height. Originally native to Australia and Tasmania, it is now grown on most continents as a source of essential oil, sturdy lumber, and ornamental beauty.
It is from Australia where our Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil is cultivated, the tree’s fresh, sickle-shaped leaves steam-distilled into our Therapeutic Quality oils.
This thin, clear to pale yellow oil has a distinctive camphoraceous odor which is sharp and fresh. Aromatically, its fragrance is dominated by top notes that may overpower floral aromas, so it blends well with other oils such as lemon, thyme, rosemary, lavender, and pine and other conifers.
CAUTION: Diluted properly, Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil is generally non-toxic and non-irritant. It should only be used externally and never with children. Avoid use around the nose, mouth, and other parts of the face. Stay well hydrated and avoid dairy products. Excessive use has been associated with over stimulation and/or insomnia.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.