Aromë | Sandalwood Hydrosol
Aromë 100% Pure Sandalwood Hydrosol (Santalum paniculatum) from Hawaii is very soothing and relaxing and has a wonderful aroma. This beautiful aromatic aroma is produced during the steam distillation of Sandalwood.
- Botanical Name: Santalum paniculatum
- Origin: Hawaii
- Cultivation: Conventional
- Method of Extraction: steam distillation
- Part Used: wood chips
Sandalwood Hydrosol is a great way to experience the woody, smokey somewhat sweet aroma of Sandalwood.
Sandalwood Water makes a skin toner and feels wonderful spritzed on the face (especially when chilled first). It has calming and relaxing qualities.
What is a Hydrosol?
Hydrosols are also called Essential Oils Distillate Waters, Flower Waters, Floral Waters, Hydroflorates and Hydrolats. All of these terms mean the same thing.
Hydrosols are a by-product of the steam distillation process used to extract essential oils from plant material. Plant material is placed in the still along with water. Then heat is applied to produce steam. This steam extracts the essential oils from the plant material and is then condensed (liquefied). The essential oils float to the top of the water and are separated from the water. But, of course, some essence and traces of the oils remain in the water. And, voila, there you have a beautiful Hydrosol.
Hydrosols are a great way to experience super expensive and hard-to-find essential oils for a fraction of the price.
NOTE: To extend the shelf life of your Sandalwood Hydrosol, store in a cool dark area or refrigerate.
General Safety Considerations of Essential Oils:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.