Aromë | Balsam Peru Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure Balsam Peru Essential Oil (Myroxylon pereirae) from El Salvador is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Balsam Peru Essential Oil distilled from the Eco-Harvested resin.
- Botanical Name: Myroxylon pereirae
- Origin: El Salvador
- Cultivation: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Part Used: Resin
- Note: Top
- Blends Well With: Black pepper, ginger, jasmine, lavender, patchouli, petitgrain, rose, sandalwood, ylang ylang
It has a wonderful almost vanilla-like aroma, flows nicely and has a warm amber color. It’s rich, warm fragrance is comforting and warming.
Other types of Balsam Peru
Many other products sold as “Balsam Peru essential oil” are actually thick, liquid resinoids rather than true distilled essential oils. The color of these resinoids is very dark (almost black) and the aroma does not have much vanilla smell. Balsam Peru liquid resinoid is much cheaper to produce than the true Balsam Peru Essential Oil which we sell. Today, we know that the resinoid is a significant cause of sensitization reactions and should not be used on the skin.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.