Aromë | Grapefruit (white) Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure White Grapefruit Essential Oil aka Grapefruit Essential Oil White (Citrus x paradisi) from USA is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil Expressed from the peel of the grapefruit.
- Botanical Name: Citrus x. paradisi
- Origin: USA
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Method of Extraction: Cold Expression
- Part Used: Peel
- Blends Well With: Lemon, Palmarosa, Bergamot, Neroli, Rosemary, Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, and Cardomon
The grapefruit comes from a tree with dark green leaves and white flowers. The origin of the tree is unknown but thought to be related to the pomelo which was first brought to Spain from Asia by Arab traders in the 12th century. It traveled from there to the West Indies in the 18th century and this led to the cultivation of the grapefruit in the New World.
White Grapefruit Essential Oil derives from cold expression of the fresh peel from the fruit. It is used in aromatherapy as well as a fragrance in perfumes and cosmetics and a flavor additive.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
~Grapefruit (white) Essential Oil
Grapefruit (white) Essential Oil