Aromë | Sandalwood Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure Sandalwood Essential Oil (Santalum spicatum) from Australia is a Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil.
Due to devastation of Sandalwood forests in India and lack of provenance, we have chosen to no longer carry endangered Indian Sandalwood. Instead, we offer this wonderful Australian sustainably grown Sandalwood.
- Botanical Name: Santalum spicatum
- Origin: Australia
- Cultivation: Eco-Harvested
- Method of Extraction: distillation
- Part Used: wood chips
- Note: Base
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Black pepper, Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh, Rose, Vetivert and Ylang-Ylang
Sandalwood Essential Oil is also known as Sandal Wood Essential Oil (Santalum spicatum) and comes from Australia. Sandalwood Essential Oil is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the wood.
True to our commitment to responsibly sourcing of our products, we proudly offer our Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil. Ecological devastation and human rights violations in Asia and India – the traditional producers of sandalwood essential oil – have led us to the Australian alternative: Santalum spicata.
This thick, pale yellow, brownish or greenish cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil is extracted via distillation of the tree’s wood chips and has a distinctive warm aroma.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.