Aromë | Rose Hydrosol
Aromë 100% Pure Rose Hydrosol is very soothing and relaxing and has the lush, heady aroma of roses in a lighter scent than found in the essential oil.
It makes an indulgent body spray and has been praised as a restorative toner for the skin. Our beautiful, luxurious Rose Hydrosol is from Turkey.
- Botanical Name: Rosa Damascena
- Origin: Turkey
- Cultivation: Conventional
- Method of Extraction: steam distillation
- Part Used: flowers
Rose Hydrosol is also frequently referred to as “Rose Water” and has been used for centuries in cosmetic preparations and as an ingredient in some Middle Eastern foods.
It’s a great way to experience the classic, romantic aroma of Rose. Rose Water makes a luxurious skin toner and feels wonderful spritzed on the face (especially when chilled). It has calming and relaxing qualities.
What is a Hydrosol?
Hydrosols are also called Essential Oils Distillate Waters, Flower Waters, Floral Waters, Hydroflorates and Hydrolats. All of these terms mean the same thing.
Hydrosols are a by-product of the steam distillation process used to extract essential oils from plant material. Plant material is placed in the still along with water. Then heat is applied to produce steam. This steam extracts the essential oils from the plant material and is then condensed (liquefied). The essential oils float to the top of the water and are separated from the water. But, of course, some essence and traces of the oils remain in the water. And, voila, there you have a beautiful Hydrosol.
Hydrosols are a great way to experience super expensive and hard-to-find essential oils for a fraction of the price.
Neroli Hydrosol’s actions have been described as calming and grounding.
While neroli essential oil is intensely floral, sweet and exotic, Neroli hydrosol has a lighter, less sweet, floral aroma with citrus notes. Hydrosol of Neroli is known for its calming and soothing properties and like so many hydrosols, it also makes a refreshing skin toner (although it may be too astringent for those with dry skin)
NOTE: To extend the shelf life of your Sandalwood Hydrosol, store in a cool dark area or refrigerate.
General Safety Considerations of Essential Oils:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.