Jasmine Absolute (Jasminium officinale) from India is one of the most highly prized aromas used in natural perfumery because of its heavenly fragrance.
- Botanical Name: Jasminium officinale
- Origin: India
- Cultivation: Conventional
- Method of Extraction: Solvent
- Part Used: Flowers and Leaves
- Note: Top
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Sandalwood, Rose and citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits
Jasmine Absolute is often incorrectly referred to as "Jasmine Essential Oil" and sometimes spelled "Jasmin".
WHAT IS AN ABSOLUTE?
Absolutes are highly concentrated, aromatic oils derived via solvent extraction of plant material – often from flowers that are too delicate for steam distillation, like Jasmine, Mimosa, White Lotus and Pink Lotus.
The extraction process involves lower temperatures than distillation, so the aromatic compounds in Absolutes can smell exceptionally fresh. All our Absolute oils are extracted with high quality solvent, which is carefully removed, resulting in almost none of the detectable solvent odor that is so evident in lower quality products.
Since they typically come from flowers, Absolute oils are used widely in natural and botanical perfumery, often contributing the precious “top note” of fine fragrances.
Since Jasmine Absolute is a rare luxury oil, we offer 2 ways to purchase:
- 10ml Roller: Pre-Diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)
- 2ml dram: 100% Pure Undiluted Jasmine Absolute Oil
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
I absolutely love the scent of Jasmine oil !! It has such a light pleasing scent and is my all time favourite. I use it not just on myself but also I put a few drops on the filter of my vacuum to freshen the air while I’m vacuuming. I also use the car diffuser to have a wonderful scent in my car ! Thank you so very much for having this amazing scent available.
Sarah Veronica James