Aromë | Lemon Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure Lemon Essential Oil is produced by cold expression of the peel of the lemon and its one of the lightest fragrances used in aromatherapy, an example of a “top note”.
- Botanical Name: Citrus limonum
- Origin: Italy
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Method of Extraction: Cold Expression
- Part Used: Peel
- Note: Top
- Blends Well With: Lavender, Neroli, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Sandalwood, Olibanum, Chamomile, Benzoin, Fennel, Geranium, Eucalyptus, Juniper, Oakmoss, Lavandin, Elemi, and Labdanum
Lemons grow on a small evergreen tree growing nine to 19 feet high with pale green leaves and highly perfumed white and pink flowers. A Lemon tree can produced up to 1,500 lemons each year.
As with all citrus trees, the lemon tree originated in Asia making it’s way to Greece in the second century AD. It now grows throughout the Mediterranean with Florida and California being the major producers.
Lemon Essential Oil is produced by cold expression of the peel of the lemon and its one of the lightest fragrances used in aromatherapy, an example of a “top note”. Lemon Essential Oil can be a potential phototoxin and one should avoid outdoors activities if this oil has been applied to the skin.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.