Aromë | Myrrh Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure Myrrh Essential Oil (Commiphora myrrha) is quite exquisite and comes from Ethiopia and is a Wildcrafted Therapeutic Grade Myrrh Essential Oil.
- Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Cultivation: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: steam distillation
- Part Used: resin
- Note: Base
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Cypress, Juniper, Mandarin, Geranium, Patchouli, Thyme, Mints, Lavender, Pine And Spices
Our Myrrh Essential Oil (Commiphora myrrha) comes from Somalia and is Wildcrafted Therapeutic Quality Myrrh Essential Oil.
Our Myrrh Essential Oil is quite exquisite. It lasts for years and is wonderful to tuck into a dark corner of your cabinet and bring out for the occasional whiff.
Better with Age
Did you know that both Frankincense and Myrrh essential oils get better with age? Same goes for most other essential oils distilled from resins. Of course to ensure this long life, store out of sunlight in a cool dark place.
About the Myrrh Tree
The Myrrh tree grows up to 30 feet tall, with sturdy, knotted branches trifoliate aromatic leaves, and small white flowers. When the branches are wounded, gum myrrh exudes as a pale yellow liquid which becomes reddish-brown as it dries and hardens. The native collectors make incisions in the bark of the tree to increase the yield. The gum myrrh is steam distilled to produce Myrrh Essential Oil which is a yellow to amber, thick, viscous liquid with a warm, balsamic, medicinal, spicy aroma.
The tree grows in dry conditions such as north-east Africa and southern Arabia as well as the valley between the Tigris and Euphrates, considered the cradle of civilization. Myrrh gum has been used since ancient times for medicinal and ritualistic purposes.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.