Aromë | Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
Aromë 100% Pure Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) from Comores is a Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil. “Complete” = the Complete distillation (all fractions).
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
- Origin: Madagascar
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Part Used: Flower
- Note: Base
- Blends Well With: bergamot, grapefruit, sweet orange, petitgrain, neroli-petitgrain, lavender, sandalwood, and vetiver
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is the one of the few essential oils that is always distilled in fractions. Distillation is stopped at several stages (usually 4), the essential oil produced at each stage is removed, then the distillation continues. This produces the various grades of Ylang Ylang: Extra, 1, 2, 3 and complete. Ylang Ylang Complete may be either the full, uninterrupted distillation (Ylang Ylang Complete) or a blend of all the different fractions.
The smell of Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is quite unique and powerful. It is beautifully frangrant with a heavy, sweet, sunny, slightly fruity floral aroma.
It is one of the main notes in many of the most popular fragrances today, including Chanel No. 5, Victoria's Secret & Joy Perfume.
The oil from the first minutes of the distillation is called “Extra”. It is considered the very finest quality of Ylang Ylang and is usually preferred by aromatherapists. The same flowers can be distilled a second time for 1-2 hours for grade “1” then a third time for a few more hours for grade “2” and then some more for grade “3” with the whole process taking 12-15 hours.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.